Sunday, May 17, 2009

Family Fun?

Looking for someplace to take your sick kids, your sister and her three snot-nosed kids, Grandma and your unemployed husband? A free place that's local?Someplace air-conditioned and full of happy people who are thrilled to be in the same room with your coughing child?

Frankly, I don't know where that would be. I CAN tell you where it's not:

The Department of Motor Vehicles and Wal-Mart.

After recent visits to both places I've got to say: for fun? Not so much!
After 10 min. I hate your kids. After 20 min. I'm conspiring ways to torture your entire family that makes waterboarding look like an all expenses-paid trip to DisneyWorld and Hurricane Harbor.

I'm not proud of those thoughts but they happened. I am not a bad person, I just have bad thoughts sometimes. Sorry.

2 comments:

Don the Baptist said...

Why is going to a crowded public place considered an all family, multi-generational event?

Kathleen Flynn said...

Remember when we were kids? My mom told us to wait in the car until she was done.