Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Letter to the President

Dear President Obama,
Although I didn't vote for you, I accept that the majority of Americans selected you to lead this great country. I pledge my support and respect for the office you now hold. I ask only that you seek wisdom and guidance from the One True God in taking us forward.
I am proud to see Dr. King's dream at last fulfilled and pray that we can let the chains and barriers of the past drop away. I pray that they are replaced by willing hands and willing hearts reflecting God's grace and mercy.
May God bless and keep you and your family and may God continue to bless America.

Sincerely,

A Proud American Citizen

P.S. Word up: I will surely crack wise from time to time, it's what I do, it's who I am.
After all the hoopla and expectation of your speech, I was hoping that the first words out of your mouth would be "I got nothing" and the media could put an end to their slobbering adoration.

No comments: