Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Attn: Driver of the Grey Piece of Crap Car In front Of Me Today:

There's a little stick-like thing on the left side of your steering wheel which operates your turn signals or blinkers. You know, the little lights that flash to let OTHER drivers figure out what you plan to do next.

Turn signals have been standard equipment on automobiles for years. Your car has them too, and no, you don't have to have special training to use them! Remember how you used to have to stick your arm out of the window to signal you were turning or stopping? The little stick replaced that but, here's the catch: YOU HAVE TO USE IT!

I realize you may have thought (I use the term loosely) that everyone around you could read your mind. Honestly, you can't read your mind- how the heck are we supposed to?

I'm just saying that in the future it would be a good idea for you to use those signals. Otherwise this sweet little grandmother is going to give you that special signal. No, it doesn't mean that you're #1.
Don't make me get out of my car and show you.

I feel much better now.

2 comments:

Don the Baptist said...

Just call it the "One Way" sign, it's more spiritual!

Kathleen Flynn said...

See how clever you are? Sarcasm & spirituality- I admire that in a person!