Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I've Been WiiD

I've already confessed that many of today's doodads and thing-a-ma-jigs are beyond my grasp. Usually I figure out just enough so that I don't appear as a complete moron. Well, Nintendo Wii and my granddaughter have remedied that!

Not interested in jumping over virtual logs or climbing virtual mountains (plus I have a cold and I'm, well, old) Katie conned me into playing with the Cooking Mama (dare-I-say) game. I couldn't get it to start so the kid tells me to hold the nunchuk (a Chinese word meaning " stupid plastic thing for American fools) like a spoon and stir. Nothing. Next, I was instructed to wave it in the air like a sword. Same result.

After what seemed like an eternity of gyrations including my standing up and walking within 2 inches from the TV, the kid just cracked up.

"What? It still won't work." I whined.

"I know," said the brat, "I just wanted to see if you'd do it."

Now wii know!

3 comments:

Don the Baptist said...

allll the way home!

Kathleen Flynn said...

I now have a Wii elbow and a Wii knee.
Never mind.

Don the Baptist said...

Uh, bet you'll never guess what Wii got for Christmas...