Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A White Wednesday


There's something magical about the first snowfall. This plain old world becomes fresh and new, cleaner somehow. Maybe it's only magical here in the desert and maybe only if you don't have anyplace you must be. Whatever it is, I love it and have spent most of the morning staring out of my window, mesmerized by the sheer beauty of it.
I've lived in snow country and I know that there is a point when snow becomes filthy slush, a nuisance piled high along the roadside. But even there the first snow is special. A new start that wipes away the previous days troubles like God wipes clean our hearts when we let Him in.
So, I will enjoy this rare beauty, wrapped up in my cozy quilt and feeling as serene as each snowflake. I'll be fine. I have heat and about 15 pounds of freshly made toffee, some fudge and all the ingredients to make more. I'll keep watching and eating until the newness wears off. Or, I weigh 300 pounds. Expect a "large craft warning" when I do leave the house.

No comments: